United Development Group Inc. (UDGI) was formed in 2002 to manage the assets of the William Ayyad Trust. UDGI is a real estate investment firm primarily focused on the following investment activities:
- Opportunistic, Value-add Multifamily Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Distressed Single Family Residential Acquisitions and Dispositions
- Ground Up Development
- Property & Marina Management
- Student Housing Repositioning
- Hard Money and Bridge Financing on Real Estate Transactions
- Venture Debt and Equity
- Publicly Traded Securities
- Select Investing with Reputable Third-party Managers in the Private and Public Markets
While these are the principal areas of focus, UDGI engages in a broad range of investment activities and has the flexibility to invest in a wide variety of asset classes and locations. All investment decisions are made by a small investment committee allowing decisions to be made quickly and decisively. UDGI develops masterpiece projects by making strategic improvements resulting in the transformation of the asset and the surrounding community.
UDGI’s unique structure allows for selectivity, only forging relationships with outside investors whose values align with the company culture. The firm generally seeks value-add projects with more than 50 units that can be proactively managed, developed, or repositioned. The team does not rely on market trends to achieve superior returns, but rather differentiates itself with transactional speed and repositioning creativity.